The learning cycle of Lean product and process development that consists of five classes of development activities:
- Look: observe firsthand, or in other words, go see for yourself.
- Ask: ask in-depth questions to get to the root of a problem, such as repeatedly asking "why?" questions to identify potential root causes.
- Model: predict expected performance using technical analysis, simulations or prototypes.
- Discuss: talk about your observations, models and hypotheses with colleagues, mentors and developers of related systems.
- Act: test your acquired insights experimentally or otherwise take action to validate what you have learned.
LAMDA aims to foster continuous real learning and deep understanding within the development organization. (Based on Ward and Sobek 2014, page 8.)